Al Noor Center for Special Education was established in 2017 in the Kingdom of Bahrain in accordance with Law No. (74) of 2006 on the Care, Rehabilitation and Employment of Disabled Persons, Decree No. 64 of 2010 regarding the conditions and procedures for licensing the establishment and operation of rehabilitation centers, .
What is the center of light for special education?
Al Noor Center of Special Education is a profitable project that provides all rehabilitation and educational services for the disabled with a view to integrating them into society by providing programs that help them to cope with behavioral difficulties, by specialists and qualified professionals.
Why this project?
The importance of this project is to provide suitable rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities to enable them to integrate and coexist with society. Educational and training programs and services through classroom sessions in the following areas: early intervention, speech and speech, vocational rehabilitation, sports education, art and water therapy, cognitive and cognitive skills development, International in Arabic and English.
To integrate the largest number of people with disabilities into the community by themselves, through the development of their abilities, by providing an integrated educational environment that enables the disabled to reach their full potential, in addition to raising their educational, social and educational capacities.
1. The main task of the center is to rehabilitate persons with disabilities from the social and educational point of view, so that they have positive production in society.
2. Provide support through family counseling for persons with disabilities to enable them to deal with persons with disabilities properly and appropriately, in order to develop and improve the level of persons with disabilities.
3. Seeking to raise public awareness about various disabilities and ways to deal with them.
1. Complete confidentiality of all information of persons with disabilities and their families.
2. Respect for persons with disabilities and their families.
3. Acceptance and respect for individual differences.
4. The working group is joint and interdisciplinary.
5. Use scientifically proven strategies.
Within the limits of the laws in force in the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Center shall endeavor to achieve the following objectives:
1. Develop the social behavior of individuals with disabilities to help them integrate and coexist in society and adapt to others.
2. To provide individuals with disabilities with the ability to self-care in terms of their behavioral and positive behaviors that enable them to protect themselves and maintain their safety.
3. Development of self-reliance and self-reliance and control of their behavior in a correct way, to form a positive personality.
4. Provide early intervention services in order to expedite the provision of the appropriate program that contributes to the progress of the individual level and serves parents in terms of dealing with them in specific methods specified within the program.
5. Provide specialists in various specialties to serve individuals with disabilities in various fields.
6. Develop the individual’s scientific and practical skills that help him acquire knowledge and experience for his use in his life.
7. Use technology developed in improving and developing methods of training and rehabilitation of people with disabilities.
8. Assist and support individuals with disabilities to demonstrate their individual abilities and skills in different areas.
9. Increase his linguistic ability to acquire the skill of expression to request his oral and written needs.
10. Direct all academic and administrative activities towards achieving the objectives and interests of the parties involved.
11. Develop and educate specialists continuously to develop their production in the field of dealing and coexistence with people with disabilities.
12. Continuous development of our services provided, and participation of all members of the Center to achieve excellence in quality of performance.
13. Encouraging teamwork, innovation and cooperation with other institutions to provide the best services for people with disabilities.
14. Continuous communication with parents and interested institutions.
15. Conduct awareness seminars for the community to educate individuals about ways to deal with people with special needs.
16. Issuing awareness books on behalf of the Center containing information, instructions and instructions on how to deal with persons with disabilities.
17. We hope in the future to open the integration section for academic rehabilitation and education with a curriculum from the Ministry of Education (primary integration classes)
Means of achieving objectives
The Center seeks to achieve its objectives within the limits of the laws in force in the Kingdom of Bahrain by the following means:
1. The work team is joint and multidisciplinary, and the unification of the center’s departments to achieve the objectives of the center.
2. Use scientifically proven training strategies.
3. Continuous development and follow-up of all scientific technological developments and research to achieve a higher level parallel to community developments.
4. Provide the building and classrooms prepared properly and suitable for the implementation of the program for people with disabilities.
5. Holding training courses and joint lectures for both staff and parents to develop people with disabilities in a specific line and program.
1. Director General (Center owner)
2. Technical Manager
3. Administrative Supervisor
4. Special education specialist
5. Functional treatment specialist
6. Speech specialist
1. Organizing awareness seminars for parents and interested individuals that include counseling and awareness raising about persons with disabilities.
2. Organizing events and activities in national and social events or for persons with disabilities.
3. Communicate with the media to raise awareness in the community.
4. Issuing brochures and publications that contribute to raising the awareness of the community regarding individuals with disabilities.
1. Establish morning and evening classes to develop the skills of individuals with disabilities in all fields.
2. Introducing morning and evening individual sessions (early intervention – learning difficulties – speech and language therapy – occupational therapy – behavior modification – art therapy and water treatment – cognitive and cognitive skills development – pre-academic education / pen academy).
3. Presenting lectures and training courses for specialists and parents.
4. Provide classes for the development of motor skills to strengthen the muscles and small and large.
5. Assessment of intelligence tests and language tests.